I bet you could guess how these babies were created..
It was about 3pm on a Monday and I got hit with an incurable sweet tooth craving… Or so I thought.
I had a chocolate bar the Easter bunny had given me, and I really wanted to make chocolate chip cookies.. But wait. What could be even better than plain ol’ chocolate chip cookies?
My sweet tooth whispered to me, “make the chocolate cookies.”
And how could I say no to that?
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbs corn starch
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
2 chia eggs (2tbs chia seeds + 6 tbs coffee (can sub water)) *allow to sit for 5 or more minutes (can sub flax seed meal)
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup sugar ( I used coconut + raw cane)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/3-1/2 cup of chocolate cashew milk (sub any non dairy milk)
1 cup of vegan chocolate chip or 1 vegan chocolate bar chopped up
- Make your chia seed eggs
- In a bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together and set a side.
- In a separate bowl, cream the coconut oil and sugar together.
- Add the maple syrup and chia eggs to the creamed sugar.
- Slowly stir in the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate cashew milk as needed until you reach a cookie dough consistency. I used about 1/3 cup.
- Stir in the vegan chocolate.
- Bake your cookies at 350F for 15-20 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy 🙂