I love the mornings so much. Waking up, setting intention for the day, and eating delicious food… Oh, and drinking coffee.. hehe 🙂
Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. I love sweet food, anything sweet, but my favorite thing to have for breakfast is a smoothie bowl. There is something about starting my day off with an abundance of fruit that my body literally craves.
If you follow me on Instagram or watch my “What I Eat in a Day” videos on YouTube, you would know that I basically eat the same thing for breakfast every single day. 😀
I get asked a lot for the recipe to my smoothie bowl, so I wanted to make a post to share the deliciousness with you all <3 I’m also going to share how I drink my coffee in the morning, because that is a HUGE part of my ideal breakfast 🙂
So- we actually start with the coffee.
I use a French-Press. I would not consider myself a coffee snob, (I am actually not very knowledgeable in the area of coffee) but I do know what I like. And I love coffee made in a French-Press. I also like Hawaiian coffee more than any other kind. It is a little bit expensive, but more than worth it!!!
- Boil about 3 cups of water.
- Put 1-2tbs of ground Hawaiian coffee in your french press.
- Put 2-3 Mejool pitted dates in your blender.
- When the water starts boiling- pour about 1 cup of water in your blender to soak the dates, and 1 1/2 cups in the french-press to seep your coffee.
- After about 2 minutes, blend the dates for 30seconds. Strain the date syrup into your mug though a mini strainer & poor the date pulp back into your blender.
- When your coffee is done seeping, pour it into your mug.
- I use coconut milk as creamer. Sometimes I add a dollop of coconut whip cream :)))
Autumn’s Smoothie Bowl:
- Add a small handful of spinach to your blender.
- Add 1-2 cups of frozen mixed berries, and 2-3 ripe frozen bananas.
- Add 2tbs cacao powder.
- Add enough liquid to blend (will depend on your blender) I use about 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Blend until completely smooth and then poor into a bowl.
- Top with natural peanut butter, granola, and fruit of your choice. I love strawberries!!
- ENJOY :)))